Thursday, December 31, 2020

Best of 2020 - Number 1: The Enchantress Nadja Rhymes

As much as I love Petite Robe Classique Jour Adele Makeda, mold 2.0, I just couldn't ignore the effect the Number 1 doll has had on me.   I actually gasped the first time I saw a photo of this doll! 

It isn't easy to capture her inside the purple neon box liner.

Removing this doll and her accessories from the box was an out-of-body experience.   Upon releasing the doll and removing the plastic liner of the bodice, you realize the intricate details of the beading, under net, and fringe skirt.  My doll actually has twenty loops of beading.  There are 10 loops at the top and ten strands in the bodice.  This is where the inconsistency at the factory becomes apparent.  Some versions have less beading and it causes the top to look less "finished".   

Then there are the accessories ... the jewelry - where did they find these earring hoops?  Such lovely tiny little etchings.  The bracelets!  

Here is a full length photo (please know that I apologize for my lack of photographic skills with this nubian skin tone).

Then you move on to the shoes!  The neon yellow (which shouldn't work, but it does!)  The leopard print detail on the back which matches the lining of the purple faux fur.   It's hard to take in all the visual beauty of the different layers.   It's like they took the Byron Lars Barbie dolls and filled one with steroids!

I took her outside hoping to get a better picture.

I believe The Enchantress Nadja Rhymes elevated my doll collecting directly into art.  This isn't simply a beautifully dressed doll, it is truly an expression of creativity.   I am gobsmacked.  Speechless.  There just aren't words.  

I keep photographing her, hoping to get a perfect shot.

This doll makes me want to be a better photographer.

I only wish I could afford two - one to redress and one to stand forever in my collection as presented. 

This doll is truly a feast for the eyes.

Best of 2020 - Number 1:  The Enchantress Nadja Rhymes.  







3 comments:

Sam said...

I love reading your countdown every year and this year we have had some exceptional dolls! I agree Nadja steals the show from every other release and is perfection!

Misty said...

I agree with your selection for number 1. I too gasped when I saw this doll. I knew I had to have her. Your pictures are lovely.

Phyllis said...

Wow, you are right! She is definitely the best in show for the year! Great purchase!