Monday, January 7, 2019

Best of 2018 - #4 Karma Kyori Sato

This is the very first time Kyori Sato mold 2.0 has appeared in my countdowns (that's been eight years now!).   I have never warmed up to this mold.   

That is until Karma Kyori Sato was released as one of the Sacred Lotus Collection this year.   (Yes, she was actually previewed in 2018, arrived in 2018, and was available to purchase directly from IT dealers!)  Her eyes are a deeper brown color and it is difficult to capture them with a camera.  Had she light blue eyes she would look like Carmen Electra circa Baywatch. 
And a closeup in the box.
The ensemble is not as dramatic as the other dressed dolls in this collection, but it seems to fit her personality.
I decided I wanted to redress her.  I started with the Key Pieces gown.
It looks nice, but it doesn't fit her sensuous nature.
How about Sister Moguls lace gown?  Now that's more like it!


This doll was a totally unexpected surprise for many collectors.  She was the least pre-ordered of all dolls from the Sacred Lotus Collection.  I was able to grab her from a dealer weeks after she started showing up in collectors' pictures.  
Number 21 in my collection in 2018 and Best of 2018 #4 - Karma Kyori Sato. 

1 comment:

Chicovintage said...

I got Isha and Tatyana just for the dress, so i could not justify getting her too (her outfit was a little meh); for me, Kyori was ,with Agnes is the weakest link of the chain, the collection was the best of the latest releases, Vanessa is perfection... but everytime i saw IRL pictures of Kyori, i was deeper in love with her; I failed at getting her nude or just the head, but somehow i got lucky, she has been incredibly available till now from some dealers and i finally caved when she was offered free shipping from France. She is the most beautiful lady of the collection with Van. Now i´m waiting for her, and watching your beautiful pictures makes the waiting harder..