Saturday, October 6, 2018

Passion Week Elyse Jolie - #13 of 2018

I can be very skeptical when it comes to interpretations of designer dolls.  There are just so many factors that can go wrong - cut, fabric weight, pattern size, etc.   When the W Club design challenge winner was announced I was so excited because it was the design for which I voted.   When it came time to purchase, I was worried that the factory would never be able to get all those little details correct.

After almost two weeks delay (due to customs), Passion Week Elyse Jolie arrived today.
And here is a closeup in the box.
I literally was flipping out!  This is one of the best, head-to-toe, doll productions ever.   Love the eye colors and the deep crimson lips.  Love the pale complexion and hair color choice.   Love the slight side glancing gray eyes.   Adore the pale blonde eyebrows.

The little tan cropped bomber jacket with gold buttons is amazingly detailed in construction.  The wide gold belt with padlock detail is well made.   I am a huge fan of IT knitwear, so the mock turtleneck is wonderful to own.

I can't get over the rivets and ribbon threading in those pants.  AND they are done perfectly!!

I believe I set a new record in deboxing this doll.   I couldn't release her fast enough!   I dressed her so quickly I didn't even take time to photograph the accessories separately!!!  (There are chopsticks for the hair, a magnetic rhinestone pin for the jacket, a super cute modern over-sized handbag with tassels, NEW earring design, red gloved hands and glove sleeves, and a serpent bracelet!

I've never been a fan of neoprene fabric (I think that's what is used in the pants, boots, and gloves) because it can break down over time.  NOTE:  If you take this ensemble off and store it, DO NOT put it in a plastic baggy.  Apparently when neoprene comes in contact with plastic it reacts negatively.
My only criticism would be the boots - they are similar to those that came with the mini dresses at the Supermodel Convention.  Be patient and carefully work them onto the feet!  The good news is that she can stand on her own wearing these boots!

Her hair is styled in a long ponytail with two black holders (one at the top and one about halfway down.)  This doll is amazing!  I think she will be a future grail and I wish I had gotten another.  She is definitely doppelgänger worthy!
I usually like to remove the original ensemble and try something else on the doll to see how she redresses, but I love this so much!!  Redress pictures will have to come later.  I truly want to savor this ensemble and doll.

No comments: