This new ITBE line, coupled with my Best of 2015 list, got me looking more carefully at my ITBE dolls. Some of my very favorite dolls in my collection have come from the ITBE line: Hard Metal Lilith, Gold Glam Adele, Second Skin Vanessa 1.0, Shimmering Copper Isha, Rare Jewel Rayna, and Love Roulette Vanessa 2.0. I was surprised to find that many of the ITBE dolls have found homes here!
The one ITBE that has continued to elude me is In Sequins Anja. I missed the purchase of her from the 2013 Convention (there were just too many beautiful dolls offered at that convention), and I have refused to pay her secondary market prices on e-bay. Recently, a doll friend named Rhonda offered her NRFB at an very nice price. I couldn't pass her up.
As with all ITBE girls, she is produced with the barest of accessories. Here is a photo of her NRFB.
Before December 31 was up, I had to use my $20 Barbie Collector Club coupon. I purchased the new Barbie Look blonde. I don't care for the face up, but I wanted her articulated body for another doll and was hoping the ensemble could be added to my dolls' wardrobe.
A. She was added immediately to my list of dolls purchased in 2016!
B. All Guidelines were met! (That feels great to write.)
- I already collect ITBE and NuFace lines - CHECK
- She is from the 2013 Convention, so she wasn't an impulse purchase - CHECK
- I managed to get my courage up and list 3 dolls on e-bay, hoping one would sell; they all three sold and have been listed on my blog (I am ahead for the year!) - CHECK
- It hasn't been two weeks since she arrived and she is deboxed - CHECK
- She was a Convention Exclusive, but I still got her for almost retail price - CHECK
It feels nice to know that I have started out on the right foot with my 2016 collecting habits. Now to stay on the path without wandering off - that's the trick! At least I can feel good about my first doll of 2016 - In Sequins Anja.