Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"You Ain't Getting My Body!"

So far, I have reviewed two of the dolls from this year's Classics Line.   It's now time to move on to #3, Ambitious Kesenia.   I was not a fan of this mold until last year's Your Kind of Model opened my eyes to her potential.  I then purchased Long Cool Woman Kesenia from the 2012 IFDC line and Follow The Line Kesenia from the 2011 mainline.   (Both are highlighted in previous blogs.)

This summer I blogged about raven-haired dolls with red lips.  Ambitious Kesenia would fit in beautifully with the 2013 IFDC lineup.  (Even though her lips tend to be orangey-red).  Here she is presented in the box:
Although the light weight jacket is well made, it hides the cut of this beautiful dress.
And here is a closeup of her face.  There have been A LOT of comments among collectors that this doll's eye screening has been all over the place.  I don't readily see a big problem with my doll's eyes.
The accessories are wonderful.  I totally LOVE these shoes.  The accessories this year have been some of the best packaged accessories ever presented with dolls, so a big "Kudos" goes to Integrity Toys for that!
Here is a full length photo of Ambitious Kesenia out of the box.  (I loved the dress so much, she is not wearing the light weight jacket she came with.)
And another closeup of her beautiful face.  She has very luxurious hair.  It's almost like Veronica Lake and Jane Russell had a love child.  
The skintone on this doll is the "Japan" skintone and appears to look very close to the "Japan" skin tone  produced so far.  I have a few replacement Japan skintone bodies, so Ambitious will be standing beautifully on a shelf.   We won't be donating that body any time soon.  For some reason, she doesn't look as bad without the lower eye liner as Captivating Anja.  The makeup is well presented.  She's a very lovely doll.  A keeper!


3 comments:

The grandmommy said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. For some reason I like dolls with their teeth showing!

toto said...

Yes, the shoes, the dress and coat are amazing. I too love this one, you should get Porcelain Beauty, they are very different...

Unknown said...

Hello, I need help. I' ve found offers od japan skintone bodies, I'm looking for some to fit my "Deceptively Yours Kyori' head. One od the offered bodies is from this Kesenia. Does it fit? Please, I'll ve hlad for aby help.
Claire